2019 Atlantic Baseball Club
15U Mariners High School Prep Baseball Team
The Atlantic Baseball Club Mariners will be fielding a 15U AAU team with a strong focus on training and developing each individual athlete in a team environment in preparation for the 2019 High School tryouts and season.
Linear Progression Baseball Training: Players will be exposed to a college training level with individual progress frequently tested. This weekday practice will be in a clinic format featuring multiple stations focusing on individual development. A throwing, pitching, hitting and fielding regiment is also incorporated with several competitive live at-bat days. This training commences December through mid-March. Practices are 90 minutes in duration.
Individual Team Practice: Teams will practice separately on one weekend day. Practices are 90 minutes in duration.
Speed, Power, Strength and Agility Training:
- Each player will be evaluated and tested prior to the commencement of indoor training.
- They will receive progressive weekly workouts by position and individual needs.
- Incorporated in all workouts will be a state of the art arm velocity enhancement program for all positions. This program incorporates the use of different types of plyometric balls, ballistic training, weight training and periodic radar gun testing. It has been proven to increase arm speed by 3-7 MPH!
- A progressive hitting and fielding regiment with several days of live at-bats.
- Teams will be assigned three days per week for training. Sessions are always supervised by a Certified Strength Coach and are 90 minutes in length.
- Progression will be monitored closely.
A Typical Season - What to Expect
December 2018 thru Mid - March 2019: Teams will meet one night per week for Linear Progression Baseball Training. Sessions are 90 minutes each. Also at this time, players will commence their speed, power, strength, agility, and arm velocity programs. Each team will be assigned three days of training time with a weekend day for makeup if needed.
January 5, 2019: Team focused weekend practices commence. Sessions are 90 minutes in duration.
June thru Late July 2019:
- The team will regroup and practice outdoors once high school baseball has concluded.
- The team will play 8 - 10 AAU games and 1 tournament. The team will also compete in playoffs if they qualify.