2019 Atlantic Baseball Club
15U Mariners High School Prep Baseball Team
The Atlantic Baseball Club Mariners will be fielding a 15U AAU team with a strong focus on training and developing each individual athlete in a team environment in preparation for the 2019 High School tryouts and season.
A Typical Season - What to Expect
Fall Training - November 5, 2018, thru March 2019
Teams will meet three (3) days per week for Speed, Strength, Agility and Arm Velocity Enhancement training commencing in November.
Speed, Power, Strength and Agility Training:
- Each player will be evaluated and tested prior to the commencement of indoor training.
- They will receive progressive weekly workouts by position and individual needs.
- Incorporated in all workouts will be a state of the art arm velocity enhancement program for all positions. This program incorporates the use of different types of plyometric balls, ballistic training, weight training and periodic radar gun testing. It has been proven to increase arm speed by 3-7 MPH!
- A progressive hitting and fielding regiment with several days of live at-bats.
- Teams will be assigned three days per week for training. Sessions are always supervised by a Certified Strength Coach and are 90 minutes in length.
- Progression will be monitored closely.
Fall/Winter Training - December 2018 thru March 2019: Teams will meet one night per week for Linear Progression Baseball Training and continue with Speed, Strength and Arm Velocity Training on separate nights.
- Commencing in January 2019, one weekend day per week is assigned for a team focused practice. Baseball training sessions are 90 minutes each. At this time teams are practicing twice per week and Strength, Speed, Agility and Arm Velocity training meets 3 times per week. Teams are training at the Club four (4) days per week.
Linear Progression Baseball Training: Players will be exposed to a college training level with individual progress frequently tested. This weekday practice will be in a clinic format featuring multiple stations focusing on individual development. A throwing, pitching, hitting and fielding regiment is also incorporated with several competitive live at-bat days. This training commences December through mid-March. Practices are 90 minutes in duration.
Games: June thru Late July 2019:
- The team will regroup and practice outdoors once high school baseball has concluded.
- The team will play 8 - 10 AAU games and 1 tournament. The team will also compete in playoffs if they qualify.