A Typical 14U Super Division Extended Season
What to Expect
14U Super Division Extended Season
The Atlantic Baseball Club Mariners are offering a more competitive approach for the 14U Super Division Athlete. The goal is to expose athletes to a higher level of baseball. It is essentially necessary to compete against the best competition in order to prepare for high school baseball and playing for our New England Premiers 15 -18U Baseball College Showcase Program.
Fall Training - November 5, 2018, thru March 2019
Teams will meet three (3) days per week for Speed, Strength, Agility and Arm Velocity Enhancement training commencing in November.
Speed, Power, Strength and Agility Training:
- Each player will be evaluated and tested prior to the commencement of indoor training.
- They will receive progressive weekly workouts by position and individual needs.
- Incorporated in all workouts will be a state of the art arm velocity enhancement program for all positions. This program incorporates the use of different types of plyometric balls, ballistic training, weight training and periodic radar gun testing. It has been proven to increase arm speed by 3-7 MPH!
- A progressive hitting and fielding regiment with several days of live at-bats.
- Teams will be assigned three days per week for training. Sessions are always supervised by a Certified Strength Coach and are 90 minutes in length.
- Progression will be monitored closely.
Fall/Winter Training - December 2018 thru March 2019: Teams will meet one night per week for Linear Progression Baseball Training and continue with Speed, Strength and Arm Velocity Training on separate nights.
- Commencing in January 2019, one weekend day per week is assigned for a team focused practice. Baseball training sessions are 90 minutes each. At this time teams are practicing twice per week and Strength, Speed, Agility and Arm Velocity training meets 3 times per week. Teams are training at the Club four (4) days per week.
Linear Progression Baseball Training: Players will be exposed to a college training level with individual progress frequently tested as well as live hitting days. These weekday practices will be clinic style featuring multiple stations focusing on individual development.
Games: Mid April - Early August
- The 14U Super Division team will play 12 -16 NEAAU Divisional Games only
Divisional games may be scheduled on Saturday or Sunday each weekend from mid-April through the first weekend of July, including April School Vacation week.
Gameday is typically two 7-inning games with a break in between
- 14U Super Division will also compete in 4 -6 tournaments from April through early August. Most tournaments are within driving distance.
- NEAAU Playoff games normally take place the second weekend of July
- Teams must qualify by either winning division or have a high winning percentage